Firearm & Ammunition Allowances and Restrictions
- Pistol calibers from .22 to .45 allowed.
- Rifle calibers from .22 to .308 .300 WIN MAG allowed.
- Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) *IS* allowed at TxGunRange. (Yes, we said YES, IS ALLOWED)
- Steel jacket *IS* allowed ONLY if it is NOT steel core! We have magnets available to test your ammunition if you are unsure.
- Shotgun – Bird shot only; NO BUCKSHOT OR SLUGS.
- Any rifle caliber firearm with a short barrel is ONLY allowed at the rifle ranges.
- Any pistol caliber gun with a longer barrel is ONLY allowed at the rifle ranges.
- NO ammo that exceeds 3 miles of travel
- NO armor penetrating/piercing rounds
- NO military green tip rounds
- NO tracer (or incinerating) rounds
- NO rifle caliber larger than .300 WIN MAG or .338
- NO .454, .500 or 50 caliber
- NO Shotgun slugs or buckshot
- No steel core bullets
- NO Lapua !!!
Ammo allowed at TxGunrange
- FMJ Allowed
- Pistol – Up to 45 caliber allowed.
- Rifle – Up to 300 win mag allowed.
- Black powder allowed.
Ammo EXCLUDED at TxGunrange
- NO GREEN TIPS
- NO ARMOR PIERCING
- NO SLUGS
- NO TRACERS.
- NO INCENDIARY DEVICES
- NO STEEL CORE
- NO Lapua ammo !!!